Invest your time with purpose.
Almost 3.3 million people of all ages volunteered their time, talents, and resources to assist The Salvation Army’s work. Our volunteers are critical partners in helping us fulfill our promise to America of “Doing the Most Good.”
The name, introduced in 1878 by founder William Booth, was adapted to describe the emerging organization as a “volunteer army.” See below for a complete list of volunteer opportunities at The Salvation Army.
- Volunteer at a Fundraising/Special Event
- Collect and donate toiletry items to the Families
- Organize your own crowdfunding through our website
Holiday Volunteer Opportunities
You can help The Salvation Army reach our Red Kettle goal of $901,000
Create your very own Red Kettle
Add your picture and verbiage and share your special link with friends, family, & co-workers
What does $500 do for someone in need?
For one that means 200 meals, and for another it means 71 nights of safety
No matter what you raise, you’re Doing the Most Good
Thank you so much for your willingness to volunteer with The Salvation Army for our 2018 Angel Tree Distribution!! Distribution Day will be a little bit different this year, we will not have one mass distribution. Instead, we have partnered with individual agencies who will hold distributions at their prospective locations beginning the week of December 14th. Volunteers will assist with set up and gift distribution on the dates below. Locations will be provided as we get closer to December.
*Volunteers must be 16 years of age of older*
Who? Volunteers (families, teens, adults, church groups, corporate organizations).
What? Participate in The Salvation Army’s Red Kettle program by ringing the bell at Christmas time and encouraging shoppers to donate.
When? We will be ringing from November 16 – December 23 (Monday- Saturday) from 10:00 am – 6:00 pm with the exception of Thanksgiving Day.
We strongly encourage Group Volunteering to help cover the 8-hour shift.
How? Choose your location and register yourself or your group by clicking here.
Contact Anna Ashworth at 901-260-9102 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Why? To help The Salvation Army provide:
• A home to the homeless – Tonight over 130 individuals, 60 of whom will be children, will sleep in a Salvation Army shelter in Memphis.
• Programs for chemically-addicted women – With a 76% success rate, TSA helps hundreds to lead drug-free, productive lives which helps their children to flourish.
• Assistance to disaster victims – Memphis shipment 8 tons of supplies to storm victims last year and has boots on the ground today supporting victims of Hurricane Florence.
• Christmas gifts – More than 4,000 underprivileged children and seniors have Christmas, because of The Salvation Army.
• Work-therapy programs for men – 400+ men completed the work therapy/alcohol & drug counseling program resulting in total life transformations.
• Sleep-away summer camp – Hundreds of impoverished children experience life outside of the inner city and learn about nature, God’s universe and what it is like to just be a kid.
• Worship opportunities – 100% of the people served have the opportunity to learn about God’s love and the freedom that comes with accepting it.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering to assist people wishing to adopt live and forgotten angels from CarreFour at Kirby Woods – 6685 Poplar Ave, Germantown, TN 38138.
- Help adopters select live or forgotten Angel tags
- Register adopter information
- Accept and check in returned gifts
Join us and share your time and talents – and heart – to heal Memphis. We offer a variety of volunteer opportunities for individuals, groups, teens, and families.
Volunteer with us Today!
Year round Volunteer Programs at The Salvation Army
Volunteer assists our SCS teacher and help children with homework.
Volunteers assist and facilitate Life Skill classes, teach basic computer skills, and resume writing.
Summer Camp Hope
Volunteers will assist with educational and recreational activities, snack preparation, and arts.