“Painful, Abused, Dark, Cold, Hungry and very Lonely…
Those are the words that described my life before I came in contact with The Salvation Army Memphis Adult Rehabilitation Center.”
Breaking the Chains of Addiction Through Donations
Every year, millions of Americans attempt to declutter their lives – and in the process create huge piles of treasures (gently used and sometimes never used), but they often don’t realize the positive effect of donating them to charity.
For more than 100 years, programs at The Salvation Army’s Adult Rehabilitation Centers (ARC) have provided spiritual, social, and emotional assistance for men and women who have lost the ability to cope with their addictions and provide for themselves
The Salvation Army’s Adult Rehabilitation Center is a residential work-therapy program for men and women who are substance abusers. Spiritual, social and emotional assistance are provided for those who have lost the ability to cope with their problems and provide for themselves.
Professional staff, volunteer support, and a structured environment, combined with work experience in the Family Stores, prepare these men and women to re-enter society and return to gainful employment. Many of those who have been rehabilitated are reunited with their families and resume a normal life.
Every potential participant undergoes a simple intake interview to ensure the ARC program is the best possible match for them. If the interview process determines it’s not, every effort is made to refer the individual to a program that will be.
A long-term commitment of at least six months is required so patterns of poor decision-making can be broken and replaced with positive life choices. Applicants with a desire to get help may be referred by families, friends, courts, clergy and community leaders or may simply call the Intake Office at 901-531-1750 to make an appointment or get more information about the local ARC program.
2649 Kirby Whitten Road | Memphis, TN 38133 | Phone: 901-531-1750
The criteria for entering our program is:
– Male or Female between ages of 21 – 65.
– Have an official picture ID that is not expired
– Have a Social Security Card or Birth Certificate
– 30 day supply of all medication. (controlled 2 drugs/narcotics are not allowed)
– Pass a drug test and breathalyzer upon arrival
– No mental health dx of Schizophrenia or Schizoaffective disorders
– We do not admit registered sex offenders
– Provide a negative TB skin test that was taken in the last year, if you have not had one, we will assist you in getting one once you arrive.
– While in the program you will need to be able to preform a work therapy assignment for 8 hours a day
– You will also be attending classes and worship services.
No, you do not have to be court ordered. We do work with a number of courts and probation/parole officers, but that is not a requirement. If you have an issue with drug or alcohol addiction, and you want a change in your life, contact us.
No, you do not have to have insurance to enter the facility. If you have insurance, you can utilize that for appointments, etc. If you do not have insurance, that is no problem, we have partnerships with other agencies in the community to provide health or dental treatment.
Our program is a 180 day program.