WHY HEAL MEMPHIS?
Daily headlines scream of poverty, homelessness, addiction & violence, crippling the city’s economy and damaging its children for the future. The Salvation Army works throughout the year with proven results to heal these hurts of our city.
Get involved with Heal Memphis: Volunteer, Donate, or share how you are helping to Heal Memphis.
Serving Memphis since 1900, The Salvation Army is now:
- the LARGEST provider of shelter and services for homeless women and children.
- the LARGEST provider of addiction recovery programs.
- the ONLY specifically designed shelter for homeless single women.
- a 16 year veteran in stabilizing trauma-exposed children.
Each year, The Salvation Army provides:
- 95,630 bed nights.
- 231,380 meals
- Life enrichment to 3500 children.